Tuesday, August 2, 2011

UNIQUE EMERGENCY SOLOMON BAR

If you have searched the internet for a "survival paracord bracelet" then chances are that most of the results were for a Solomon Bar bracelet, and that's fine but I wouldn't want the task of unraveling a Solomon Bar bracelet while in a survival situation. I would want a bracelet that can go from bracelet form to one long strand of paracord in less than a minute.

With this tying technique you will end up with a bracelet that is very similar to a Solomon Bar but it can be unraveled in seconds.

 

If you read my announcement marquee, I said that the first weekly post would be on Monday, August 1 but like most of the time, I got behind and couldn't get this post out on time, sorry. I had to rush this post so I didn't have time to take any images of the tying process but I will soon if there is a need for it.
As I often do when researching knot designs, I troll the internet for new innovative designs, which is how I discovered this video. The author titles the design as a "Chain Sinnet Square Knot". Though the video is grainy and hard to see at times, I believe everyone can see enough to quickly figure out how to tie this knot.

This design is very similar to a Solomon Bar and most people want be able to tell a difference but there is a slight difference. Once tied, the loops run at angle but if you massage the paracord carefully, much of this want be seen. As for the buckles, I may have to show images of how I tied mine because I didn't tie mine like the author of the video, you should tie the buckles the way you feel most comfortable and what looks the best to you.

 







SOURCES AND REFERENCES

No comments:

Post a Comment