For a complete list of materials and how to put the items together, click the Continue Reading button.
MATERIALS CONTAINED INSIDE KIT:
- 25-30yds of 6lb. test Berkley FireLine
- 5 Feet of paracord (not including the paracord needed for the Bottle Sling Knot)
- Variety of Jigs and Hooks
- Berkley Gulp Waxies (in your choice of colors)
- Protein Shot tube or Tube Vault
Start by obtaining your tube from either Wal-Mart ($1.96) or CountyComm ($2.45), you might want to build your own but the tubes are the perfect size so I see no need in building one.
I scored a line around the tube with my Dremel that will hold the fishing line on the tube, most kits online keep the fishing line attached to the tube but if you had to carry the kit around for a while the fishing line would get frayed so I chose to keep mine inside the tube.
Once you have that done, gather a few feet of paracord for the Bottle Sling Knot, a video to tie this knot is available here.
Now cut some cardboard to hold the extra paracord and fishing line and then find some small baggies to enclose your weights and hooks and that will finish your fishing kit.