Tuesday, May 24, 2011

UNIQUE OBLONG KNOT TUTORIAL

This is a knot that I really like, this being the second time I have posted this knot, I want to make it clear and easy for anyone to be able to tie it, although a clearer tutorial is available in The Complete Book of Decorative Knots. In my previous post I included a diagram to tie the knot, in this post I have shown each step in tying this knot. I would suggest for the first timer in tying this knot to pin the cord down exactly as I have in the illustration, the tighter you pin it together, the easier it will be to snug it up in the end.
Click the image for a larger view.

This knot can be used for multiple purposes such as zipper pulls, lanyards, etc.

More techniques using this knot will be posted soon, I'm building a new light tent so that I can take better images of my knotwork and once that's done I will be taking photos of some of the lanyards I've created using this knot. Also I may post a tutorial on creating a Light Tent like the one I'm currently building, although I don't know if there is enough interest in the subject to be worth posting it (let me know if you would be interested).


No comments:

Post a Comment